Search This Blog

Monday, November 10, 2008

Ignited Minds


During Diwali Break, I read three books...Ignited Minds by Dr.APJ Kalam, Who Moved My cheese -Dr.Spencer Johnson and Invasion - Dr.Robin Cook....

Dr.Kalam's few points are really liked by me, while he was unleashing the power with in India in the book. He talks about three strengths - Physical, Mental and Spiritual . to make any country powerful, he talks about change in the education system, which needs to nurture the three strengths. True in My school days (in Sri Saraswathi Shishu Mandir), this has been the focus, probably that is what built a strong foundation for me to raise from a village belly to here.

He talks about another important aspect ..... invention....he advises first of all to dream big...dreams create a vision and vision calls for an action. But Invention....comes not only from Dreaming...also from constraints. Had India been sanctioned for missile technology, we would not have been created our sheer military power today.

Well same philosophy Organizations do adopt...they cut the budgets, head counts or some of the resources to push you to invent new ways of finding organizational efficiency.

I read lot of Books about Dr.Spencer Johnson and Kenneth Blanchard, I love these authors....they simply narrate with nice stories...the leadership traits. One Minute Management, the Little Book of coaching and Who Moved my Cheese...all the in the same league..... simple and superb.
Change is inevitable....change needs to be smelt...prepare for change....adopt the change....who reacts to this quick enough...succeed in life. I also cited few in my earlier blog....

Well Dr.Robin Cook, who is Doctor turned author of science fiction.....invasion is all about Alien triggering a virus which is going to destroy the human kind...
Well I understood at least lot of medical terms being an engineer....this is some other knowledge...

Why i prefer the Science fiction compared to normal fictions is that you can learn lot of new subject by reading. End of the day knowledge is the power....

No comments: